JOB WIN: E&I engineering support
Haden Freeman is undertaking a High Voltage (HV) project for an international chemical company. The company is US based with subsidiaries around the world.
Following an inspection visit from the HSE to review the electrical systems on site a number of recommendations have been made:
- Demonstrate the capability of the electrical distribution system to withstand fault currents
- Demonstrate the protection and isolation arrangements of the emergency generator
- Completion of an Electrical ageing plant review
- Review of the site electrical rules in line with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, Regulation 14.
- Review of HV permit to work system.
- Confirmation of personal electrical competency on site and individual electrical procedures.
- Undertake a review of HV and LV electrical inspection and testing procedures.
To undertake this work HFL are providing an experienced HV Electrical engineer supported by the other members of the EI+C engineering team.